AUGUST 13th TWITTER CHAT ON DISRUPTING INEQUALITY
Tomorrow, August 13th at 1pm Eastern Time, Living Cities will host our fourth Twitter Chat on #DisruptingInequality. The chat, Disrupting the Flow of Resources, will be co-hosted by Eileen Neely (@EileenNeely), our Director of Capital Innovation. During the chat, we’ll discuss different impact investment models and explore how innovative uses of capital can help improve the lives of low-income people.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
We invite you and your organizations to participate in tomorrow’s Twitter Chat. Living Cities will moderate the chat via our Twitter handle, @Living_Cities, and the Hashtag #DisruptingInequality. You can also follow Eileen with @EileenNeely.
Over the course of an hour, we will pose a series of questions about the state of inequality and the role the capital innovation plays in disrupting the issue. Participants will have 10 minutes after each question to share their thoughts, feedback, and other relevant information before we move onto the next question. At the conclusion of the hour, all participants will be invited to share their final ideas.
Questions for Participants:
- How do you think impact investments can help to disrupt #inequality? #DisruptingInequality
- What are challenges communities might face in making efficient use of capital (debt, grants, #impinv) towards #disruptinginequality?
- What orgs, nonprofits or govts have you seen innovating w/capital to improve the lives of low income people? #DisruptingInequality
- Have you heard of #PayforSuccess? Do you think it has potential for #disruptinginequality?
- We invested in 2 #SIBs 2 reduce #recidivism & increase #employment. What else could we tackle w/this tool? #DisruptingInequality
- What gives you hope for how we can leverage capital for good in underserved communities? #DisruptingInequality
WHY YOUR VOICE IS IMPORTANT
Your participation is crucial to disrupting inequality. Living Cities recognizes that the issue of inequality is complex, and difficult to solve. We are open-sourcing solutions to you, our followers, so that we might co-create a path forward in disrupting inequality.
Please join us tomorrow, August 13, 2014 at 1pm Eastern Time for our fourth Twitter Chat on #DisruptingInequality. We also encourage you to read our Annual Report, Disrupting Inequality: A Living Cities Perspective in 2013, in advance. If you have questions about participation or involvement, please email Elizabeth Vargas at email@example.com.