AUGUST 19th TWITTER CHAT ON DISRUPTING INEQUALITY
Tomorrow, August 19th at 1pm Eastern Time, Living Cities will host our fifth and final Twitter Chat on #DisruptingInequality. The chat, Disrupting the Teams and Score-keeping, will be co-hosted by Tynesia Boyea-Robinson, @tyboyea, our Director of Collective Impact at Living Cities. During the chat, we’ll discuss Collective Impact - What is it? What role does the framework play in disrupting inequality? And how can we apply the principles of Collective Impact in our efforts to improve the lives of low-income people?
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
We invite you and your organizations to participate in tomorrow’s Twitter Chat. Living Cities will moderate the chat via our Twitter handle, @Living_Cities, and the Hashtag #DisruptingInequality. You can also follow Tynesia with @tyboyea.
Over the course of an hour, we will pose a series of questions about the state of inequality and the role that collective impact plays in disrupting the issue. Participants will have 10 minutes after each question to share their thoughts, feedback, and other relevant information before we move onto the next question. At the conclusion of the hour, all participants will be invited to share their final ideas.
Questions for Participants:
- How is #collectiveImpact different than collaboration? Can it help in #DisruptingInequality?
- Have you seen the principles of #CollectiveImpact applied to address problems of #inequality? What are some examples? #DisruptingInequality
- We have applied #CollectiveImpact to address workforce development, TOD and health. What are other potential areas where collective impact could help in #DisruptingInequality? #TII_LC
- How can we authentically engage communities in #collectiveimpact efforts? Do you have examples? #DisruptingInequality
- Through our #CollectiveImpact work, we’ve found that feedback loops are key to success. What feedback and/or data do you track in your work? #DisruptingInequality
- #CollectiveImpact requires that we all change our behavior. How has/does your institution need to change in service of the result?
WHY YOUR VOICE IS IMPORTANT
Your participation is crucial to disrupting inequality. Living Cities recognizes that the issue of inequality is complex, and difficult to solve. We are open-sourcing solutions to you, our followers, so that we might co-create a path forward in disrupting inequality.
Please join us tomorrow, August 19, 2014 at 1pm Eastern Time for our fifth and final Twitter Chat on #DisruptingInequality. We also encourage you to read our Annual Report, Disrupting Inequality: A Living Cities Perspective in 2013, in advance. If you have questions about participation or involvement, please email Elizabeth Vargas at email@example.com.